Substitute in CUESD

Are you interested in working as a substitute in our schools? We regularly need substitutes for the following positions: 

  • Teachers
  • Aides
  • Clerical
  • Custodians
  • Grounds

What is required in order to substitute here? 

Every substitute must provide these documents (no photocopies permitted):

  • Driver’s license or valid state ID
  • Social Security card or a valid passport
  • Clear tuberculosis (TB) test or complete assessment - Must have tested within 60 days or have a signed assessment by a licensed physician. 
  • Pass a pre-employment physical exam pertaining to the position. This will be paid by Cascade at our designated medical facility.
  • Clear a fingerprint background check. This will be paid by Cascade.

In addition, to substitute as a paraprofessional (i.e., classroom aide), you must supply proof of a passing score on the paraprofessional test or documentation of your Associate’s or higher college degree. If you would like to take the paraprofessional exam please contact the Human Resources Department to schedule your paraprofessional test. 

Substitute teachers must have a clear valid credential or a valid sub permit.



Substitute Pay Rate