Anderson Middle School was built in July 1949, 100 and 200 wing only. In 1958 wings 400, 500, and 600 were added. The original Anderson Elementary (now Anderson Middle School) was built with 2 bond elections which totaled $44,000.00 in the year 1946. The eleven acres the school still sits on cost the CUESD $2,500.00. In 1953 another 2 bonds was passed in Anderson for a total of $122,000.00. Some of this money was used to buy 5 more acres of land and 5 houses that were on it. This 5 acres cost $42,450.00. In 1955 the Anderson Annex was completed which included more classrooms as well. In 1958 an $84,000.00 bond was passed and a science room and library was added to AMS. Portables were added in the 90’s and the new gym in 2014. Throughout the years there have been other upgrades to the library, bathrooms, roofing, paving, sports fields, the track, and other parts of the grounds. Solar arrays for the AMS campus were completed in 2019.
Meadow Lane was the second CUESD school built in Anderson and was built because the citizens passed a $98,000.00 bond in the year 1950. The 11 acres that Meadow lane sits on cost CUESD $11,000.00 ML was opened April 14, 1952. The total cost to build ML was $378,130.83. In 1956 another bond was passed for $58,000.00 which helped to build 7 more classrooms onto the ML campus. Portables have been added, mostly in the 90’s and renovations to roofing, paving, grounds, and fencing have been done. Solar arrays for ML were completed in 2020 and the new main offices, gym and cafeteria should be completed by December 2023.
Anderson Heights was the third school built in Anderson with bond proceeds from the 1956 bond election and passage which was $58,000.00. 11 acres were purchased for AH for $55,000.00 and the school was built for $529,758.58. AH was completed on April 30, 1958. Portables have been added, mostly in the 90’s and renovations to roofing, paving, grounds, and fencing have been done. In the 2000’s the CUESD Community Day School was moved to the North side of the AH campus. In 2017-18 the Community Day School officially became North State Aspire Academy. Solar arrays for AH were completed in 2019 and two new classrooms should be complete in the fall of 2023.